How to use Device Control in EPS?
Device Access Control
Protect your computer against autorun malware.
As companies and organizations become more interconnected than ever before, external devices and removable media are needed to complete daily business operations.
They also pose a threat to enterprise data and serve as a potential entry point for malware.
Sensitive data can leave the organisation through various devices having file storage option.
Use NPAV device control feature to restrict user access to devices.
This feature can be managed from centralized Endpoint Security management console.
EPS management console is available as cloud based or self hosted server based.
Administrators can easily enforce policies across departments to open or restrict access to devices such as data storage media, removable devices, mobile phones.
Special policies or privileges can be applied for particular users or groups as per their role.
Malicious insiders often use USB drives to quickly steal data or compromise systems, often without organizations being aware of the problem until it is too late.
Steps for using Device Control:
Need to do the following easy steps to Control Devices in your networks as shown in below image.
Select the Device Control tab from the Admin Console Dashboard.
- Disable:- For Permanently Disable the Access of USB Removable devices
- Read/Write:- User can Read the data and also Write on USB devices.
- Read Only:- User can only Read Data from USB devices.
- Disable:- For Permanently Disable the Access of Mobile Devices.
- Read/Write:- User can Read the data and also Write on Mobile Devices.
- Read Only:- User can only Read Data from Mobile Devices.