How to Use NPAV Data Vault?
Manage Your Data Backup Jobs
1. Default Job :
- This job appears after the client installation.
- This job takes backup of 64 extension file types, which is provided by the company.
- This job cannot be deleted by the users.
- This job is editable, user can add / remove folders for backup.
- The default job can be turned OFF by unchecking "Active Job" option.
2. Add New Job:
- Enter your new job name in Enter Job Name field.
- Type / Browse folder path, which you want to take backup of.
- If you want to include sub folders then check the Include Sub Folder option.
- If you want to remove folder from the backup then click on Dictionaries Added link to remove it.
- Default extension will be All for the given Job, but user can change this extension type to Include or Exclude.
- All: Default 64 extension files will be backed up, which is standard and commonly used extesions provided by the company.
- Include: Only provided extension files will be backed up.
- Exclude: All extension files will be backed up except the excluded extensions.
3. Edit Job:
- Select Job then click on Edit Job button / Doubble click on job to edit.
- After editing your job, click on Save Job button to save the job.
- <Job Name> Job Edited Successfully message will be displayed.
4. Start Job:
- Select job and click on Start Job button to take backup of your selected folders.
5. Restore Backup:
- Select job and click on Restore Job button to open restore job window.
- Now click on Search button to display the list of your backed up files.
- Choose restore type as Folder or Files to take complete restore of the folder or files.
- Select folders / files to restore your data and the data will be restored at the users desktop with folder name 'Restored Data'.
- User can restore the data on any selected drive, the default restore path will be users desktop.
6. Update Files:
- Click on Update button to take latest updated files for Data Vault Software.
7. Delete Job:
- Select job >> Right click >> Delete Job.
- This will be delete your Job permanently.